Pantone’s Color of the year, RADIANT ORCHID is finally on it’s way out and I’ve put some pictures together to remember it’s kindom, even though most of these photographs are older than 2014! … What brings me to the reason I am writing this post, classic Design is Timeless, either in Fashion, Architecture or Interior Design. Classic lines, impeccable taste and quality materials can make some pieces last almost forever or at least a really long time.
Accessories are the key to update a look. Use accent pieces to refresh your decor and wardrobe and to bring color and a little bit of an edge to your spaces and your closet. A few pillows, a throw, some books, flowers and pieces of art will be plenty if you feel the need to follow the “new” fad, the new trends … A belt, a Scarf, a piece of jewelry, a pair of shoes, even your make-up can bring a breath of fresh air to your wardrobe without looking overdone or like everybody else. Always use the new color sparingly, as an accent, never all over. We are talking about colors, not neutrals, a monochromatic color palette and an accent color is always a winning combination.
Elegance feels effortless and natural and always should have your personal touch!. It’s something you create and develop throughout the years. Start small, add just a few pieces at a time, don’t get something you don’t absolutely love… or at least we should all aim at that!
For the sake of Harmony and Flow, I did not follow my own advice in this post while putting together all the images. You are in for a PURPLE RAIN overdose and hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by.
– CAROLYNE ROEHM
– SALVATORE FERRAGAMO
– wedding flowers! what a gorgeous palette!
– LANVIN JACQUARD
– Exquisite and elegant table! Purple is always such an elegant and sophisticated color.
– OSCAR DE LA RENTA
– KAZUO SHIRAGA
– PORTERS CHAIR
– NATALIA VODIANOVA FOR CALVIN KLEIN EUPHORIA
– J MENDEL
– OSCAR DE LA RENTA EARRINGS, NECKLACE AND CUFF
– DE GOURNAY
– EDGAR DEGAS, “LA TOILETTE” I JUST ADORE THE HUES…
– CHRISTY TURLINGTON
– DALLAS FLORAL DESIGNER CAROL GARNER
– MARIE CASSATT
– HENRI DE TOULOUSE LAUTREC
– THE IRONER, PABLO PICASSO
– THE CELLIST, BY AMADEO MODIGLIANI, 1909
– LA TOILETTE, TOULOUSE LAUTREC
– FIESTA EN FIGUERES SALVADOR DALÍ
– VINCENT VAN GOGH, UNDERGROWTH WITH TWO FIGURES, 1890
– CATERINA LEMAN
– ATELIER VERSACE FALL AND WINTER 2013/14
– CHRISTIAN DIOR